Re: HELP: Linux and SunOS over Ethernet?

Haoyu Meng wrote:

> I just bought a Sun3/60. It has built in Ethernet support.
> Is it possible to put SunOS and Linux on the same network?
> If so, how is it done?

Well I'm slightly confused by the wording of your post, I assume
you want to connect the Sun3/60 to a network which also has a PC
running Linux, correct?

In which case the answer is 'yes' - but I'm not sure what you
mean by 'how is it done' - you simply connect both computers
to the bit of ethernet cable.

If you want to get them to talk to each other then you'll need
things like rlogin daemons, automounters, nfs and other such
stuff.  If you don't understand this I suggest you get a
system administrator-type person to look into it.

> Please reply directly to hmeng@exodus.valpo.edu.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well I hope this helps ...

Andy.