New to EW, but plenty of questions (sun4/acl3.1beta)

    Date: Mon, 14 May 90 14:07:53 EDT
    From: Todd.Kaufmann@NL.CS.CMU.EDU

    Okay, so I just got the big tar file and tried loading it.

    It just about all loaded, until the last file:
      Error: Invalid initialization argument :NAME for class PROGRAM-FRAMEWORK

    This looks like some PCL problem, possibly version diffs between that and the
    in-core version on "Allegro CL 3.1.beta.22 [Sun4] (6/8/89)".

It's not a PCL problem per se, just that Allegro CL comes with Victoria
Day PCL which requires you to specify the :initarg for each slot in a
class.  The EW code is set up to use AAAI PCL (an earlier version) which
didn't have that requirement.

We went through and added that option (:initarg) to every slot of every
defclass in EW (probably overkill, but we didn't want to take the time
to investigate which ones were initialized and which ones weren't).

Steve
--
Stephen L. Nicoud  <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>  uw-beaver!bcsaic!snicoud
Boeing Advanced Technology Center for Computer Sciences