New implementation of Franz?

Actually, a compatible version of Franz (compatible with VAX/UNIX, and
the 680x0 UNIX systems) might be made available on an as-yet-unannounced
UNIX-based workstation made by a major computer manufacturer.

It appears that this would be coupled with substantial donations of
the hardware to universities, by the manufacturer.

If the attractiveness of the workstation TO YOU would be enhanced by the
availability of Franz Lisp, please send me a note. (don't respond
to franz-friends.) As a group, we can lobby more effectively, and
get the manufacturer to supply it.  You may also include comments about
the desirability of additional dialects of Lisp.

Thanks,
 Richard Fateman, UC Berkeley.