Re: C interface

If I recall correctly, the pre-4.2 malloc did not appear to work
with franz because it assumed that it had control
of all of free memory.  The malloc for 4.2 uses a buddy
system and should not care if, for example, franz
has pre-empted pieces of virtual memory for its own use.
On the other side, franz only looks at the memory
it gets from sbrk, so it doesn't care about malloc'd
areas of virtual memory.
.lp
More to the point, I have been using malloc inside
cfasl'd code and have not yet seen a problem.

Dennis Heimbigner
dennis.boulder@csnet-relay.