database system request

Does anybody know of a database system written in FRANZ or easily
compatible with FRANZ?  We have written a lot of software for a
geographic information system, and may want to redo the section which
handles random bits of information associated with polygons or points
stored in a map.  Right now we store this information as a property
list on an atom associated with the polygon or point in question.  This
becomes very inefficient when we want to find all such atoms with
a particular value for some arbitrary property.  Equally importantly,
there is very little relationship between the set of properties associated
with each polygon or point, so a system storing a fixed length record
for each polygon, with fields for each piece of information, would not work.
Any suggestions?
		Cliff Shaffer
		cas@cvl