printing delayed in Eunice

It appears that printing gets delayed in Eunice. What I mean by that
is that I have a print statement which should indicate that the system
is progressing. However, the system is chugging along, nothing shows
for a long while and then the printing happens ALL at ONCE ! As if the
output was buffered and go printed when something else needed to be
printed.

As anyone run across this before ? Is there a flag one needs to set ?

Has it to do with Eunice ?  What I am printing is just an atom and a ", ".
When I print longer stuff, no buffering is noticed.

Thanks
Rene
-------