Questions about reflective operations on functions and methods

1) Are the methods of APPLICABLE-METHOD?, SORTED-APPLICABLE-METHODS, etc.,
for <generic>'s frozen? If not, what is supposed to happen if I substitute
other methods in their place.

2) What is supposed to happen if I create new methods for these generics.
For instance, can I add methods to these generics in such a way that

	(<object> <keyword> ...)

is a function application a la Smalltalk?

3) If the answer to question #1 is Yes, and the answer to #2 is No, what is
the motivation for including these generics in the language specification?