Re: A few comments on the FAQ

    Date: Fri, 02 Oct 92 19:37:18 -0400
    From: Bob Kerns <rwk>

    I don't really think so.  I think it's a language issue.
    Specifically, how much of the lower-level non-determinism
    is reflected in the language?  This leads to a clear-cut
    trade-off:  potential efficiency vs determinism.

    If you want to reserve the efficiency, you have to say that
    the order is indeterminate in some implications.  Then

Gack.  "in some implementations."  Sorry.

    people can write portable code.  I don't think that's the
    best point in the trade-off curve, however.