Dylan FFI

David Moon writes:

>>Dylan programs need good access to the facilities that are out there in the
>>system, and that it must be possible, efficient, convenient, and natural to
>>write applications in a mixture of Dylan and other languages.

I realize this is an implementation issue, but can someone comment on how
Apple's Dylan implementation handles this issue of hybrid programming.

Will a future Apple Dylan implementation be directly linkable in the MPW
environment, or will Dylan require that foreign code be loaded into it like
current Lisp implementations do?

Does having good access to facilities that are out there in the system mean the
ability to call traps, or does it mean that Dylan programs should be able to
take advantage of foreign coded libraries without building code resources out
of them?

More Specifically, Will some future desktop Dylan implementation support access
to MacApp or Bedrock?

-Jonathan Pierce