[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dylan Constants
- To: Rich Duncan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Scott_Fahlman@SEF1.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Re: Dylan Constants
- From: email@example.com (Andrew LM Shalit)
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1992 10:35:34 -0500
- Cc: Dylan Information Forum <info-dylan@CAMBRIDGE.APPLE.COM>
At 7:42 AM 10/20/92 -0400, Scott_Fahlman@SEF1.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU wrote:
> From the Dylan reference, there appears to be now way of defining a read
> only constant ala the Common Lisp DEFCONSTANT macro.
> The Dylan people at Apple have indicated that this will be fixed. I don't
> know if they've yet settled on a choice of syntax, but I believe the
> current plan is that *all* the "define" forms will produce constants, and
> some new form will be created for defining non-constant variables.