From: Rich Duncan  <netmail!duncan@stowe.bdsw.com>
To: Dylan Information Forum  <info-dylan@cambridge.apple.com>
Subject: Dylan Constants
Date: Monday, October 19, 1992 11:20PM

 From the Dylan reference, there appears to be now way of defining a read
only constant ala the Common Lisp DEFCONSTANT macro. This appears to be an
omission since that *constantness* of a variable is helpful to both
programmers and compilers.

Given a choice, I'd vote for an extension to the syntax of the DEFINE form
rather and the addition of another DEF macro.

Any thoughts?

--
Rich Duncan                                  Internet: duncan@bdsw.com
Black Diamond Software, Inc.               Compuserve: 75540,2532