Re: setter problem

> This doesn't work because setter isn't a function.  The definition
> of set-foo uses a variable
>
>    (setter m)
>
> Of course, there is no such variable.  Your program acts as if setter
> is a function which takes one function and returns another, which is
> not the case.  Setter is syntax.

But it is a function of exactly that sort in T (and EuLisp),
which may explain why someone might expect it to be a function.

And, for what it's worth, I prefer the T approach.

Common Lisp needs somethign more general and macro-like, rather
than a function->function function, for only a few cases such as
LDB.

-- jeff