[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Arithmetic comments
- From: Stavros Macrakis <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1992 12:20:30 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
p. 148 says that
(make <complex> angle: a) == (make-polar 0 a)
This is presumably equivalent to (make-rectangular 0 0), since the
only kind of non-real <complex> is <rectangular-complex>.
What use is it? Is it just for symmetry? A default magnitude of 1
would be far more useful.
Note that the smoothness argument does not apply, since it is
statically manifest that there is no specified magnitude.