Re: DYLIM

>The FAQ states:
>
>> * Will Dylan include an application framework?
>>
>>   We recognize the value of application frameworks, especially cross-
>>   platform application frameworks.  Unfortunately, because of the great
>>   variation in computing platforms, a single application framework will
>>   not be part of the Dylan language.  On each platform, there should either
>>   be a Dylan-specific application framework, or Dylan should be able to use
>>   application frameworks written in other languages.
>
>Why wouldn't a strategy like CLIM also work for Dylan.  CLIM runs on
>all the CL platforms.  Has there been any discussion of DYLANizing CLIM?

CLIM is a reasonable solution for the kinds of platforms CL runs on today.
 That is, workstations with keyboards, mice, and screens, and where the
interface paradigm is a user issuing commands via mouse (2d position) and
keyboard (character) gestures and the machine responding by drawing stuff
on the screen.  We hope that Dylan will be used in a more diverse set of
environments.