Re: Re: dispatching on keywords

Thank you all for the clarifications.  I can see that there are some
problems with my proposal.  Unfortunately, I still think it is very
important to allow type declarations for keyword parameters.

Here are some other ideas:

1. Disallow the aforementioned ambiguities in method dispatching.
Make it an error to leave off keyword values (i.e., rely on the
defaults) when it would make the selection of methods impossible.

2. Have different semantics for keyword types.  The type specified
for the keyword would not be a specializer but would be a type
declaration (like in bind).

-- jonathan bachrach

IRCAM
31, rue Saint-Merri