define and set! with multiple-values

   Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1992 16:37:35 +0100
   From: Jonathan Bachrach <Jonathan.Bachrach@ircam.fr>
   I propose to extend `set!' and `define' to allow accomodate
   multiple-values.  The syntax would be:
   ... specific proposal omitted ...

I would rather see your goals met by usign a more general solution:
macros (i.e. syntax extensions). What is the status of macros for
Dylan?

Rather than having multiple and possibly conflicting proposals for
changing this, that, and the other standard Dylan special form, Dylan
needs a macro facility. This should allow everyone to develop
portable, new, special forms that others can choose to use (and
modify) to their hearts' content. If some new syntax becomes widely
used and succesful, then it would have empirical evidence for being
adopted into the language proper.

I don't care if the macros are hygienic or not, but something is
needed before too long.
--
Patrick Logan         patl@goldfish.mitron.tek.com
Mitron Corporation    (503) 690-8350    FAX: (503) 690-9292