Proposed incompatible change

I would like to change PUTPROP incompatibly.  Currently PUTPROP of a property
that is already on the property list reorders the list to move that property
to the front; thus GETL always sees the property which was added most recently.
This was done in Maclisp mainly (I believe) to fix some problems with loading
interpreted code over compiled code which aren't present on the Lisp machine.

I would like to change it so PUTPROP never rearranges the order of the list.
This is partly motivated by efficiency, but is primarily to allow &REST arguments
to be used as property lists (RPLACD is not allowed on stack lists, which are
what &REST arguments are implemented as.)

Anyone having an opinion for or against please send me mail.