Getting to the windowpeek fields of a window

I would like to get access to the strucrgn of a window from MACL and
I'm not having any luck.  Something appears to be weird with the record
fields of windows that are not also grafport fields.  For example:

(rref (find-window "Listener") window.strucrgn)

gives me:

> Error: Bad Pointer.
> While executing: %GET-PTR
> Type Command-/ to continue, Command-. to abort.
1 >

rather than a pointer to a region as seems it should.  What I really
need is what should be returned by:

(rref wind window.strucrgn.rgnbbox.top)

but for this I get:

> Error: (:REGION :HANDLE) is not a record type
> While executing: RECORD-INFO
> Type Command-/ to continue, Command-. to abort.
1 >

These errors occur in both 1.2.2 and 1.3.1.  Has anyone extracted this
information successfully?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Wilson
Teleos Reseach