Re: Serious bug in EVAL ??

     Date: 11-MAY-1990 15:28
     From: meltsner@crd.ge.com (Ken Meltsner)
     Sender: MELTSNER
     Subject: Serious bug in EVAL ??
     To: info-macl@cambridge.apple.com@smtp@tcpgateway
     --------

     I've been testing a knowledge representation package, and found that when
     I eval (with *fast-eval* t) a selection, a macro does not expand properly,
     but when I eval (with *fast-eval* nil) it does work.  It also works
     when I step the function, or when I eval and run the individual forms.  The
     effect is that of an improperly expanded macro, but only in certain cases.
     And it expands fine when I step through the code, making this one
     hard to debug.

     As far as I can tell, it appears to be a problem compiling a heavily
     nested macroexpansion.  If anyone's interested, I can probably give
     you a copy of the code.

I guess I'd be interested.  Can you tell whether or not the macro
expands into any EVAL-WHEN forms ?

     			Ken

     --------