Reading a data base with

                       Subject:                                Time: 8:48 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Reading a data base with                Date: 5/22/90
floating point values in it.  I have written a data base in C that I want to
read with Lisp.  Since I used standard toolbox file I/O calls to create the
data base, it seems that I want to read the data structures into a Pascal
record and access it from there.  The problem is that I don't know how to
specify the floating point value in the record (slot).  In C the value is a
short double and its 8 bytes long.  The MACL manual doesn't mention any
floating point keywords in the defrecord section.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Ric