[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
:ostype, auto font lock, and 2.0 ?'s + thanks
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: :ostype, auto font lock, and 2.0 ?'s + thanks
- From: email@example.com (Andrew L. M. Shalit)
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 90 22:15:10 -0400
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Matthew Cornell's message of Sat, 7 Jul 90 09:23:47 EDT <9007071323.AA29389@unix1.CS.UMASS.EDU>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 90 09:23:47 EDT
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Matthew Cornell)
1) I would like to use the :ostype keyword for stack trap calls but it
needs "A four-character string or symbol with a four-character print
name" (p185) and all I have is a symbol whose value is what I'd like
to be passed. Any suggestions on how to make this work from a
function (I think a macro wouldn't be too hard)? Thanks:
the capability you describe isn't built into 1.3. It will be
built into 2.0.
Because of evaluation order requirements, it's actually very
difficult to write a macro that will do what you want robustly.
Sorry 'bout that.