[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Pathname Trouble
- From: Andrew L. M. Shalit <alms>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 11:37:56 -0400
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Seth M Powsner's message of Thu, 2 Aug 90 07:49:41 EDT <9008021149.AA00624@csb1.>
From: email@example.com (Seth M Powsner)
Having trouble accessing files on an ISO 9660 CD-Rom (on an Apple drive).
The CD mounts fine. No trouble evident in FINDER or using
(choose-file-dialog) which returns
I think your problem is not related to the CD. It's the fact that
there is a semi-colon in the pathname, which MACL is intprepreting
(incorrectly) as a logical pathname when it tries to open the file.
This is a bug. It'll be fixed in the next version, but I can't
find a workaround right now. (One should be able to escape the
semi-colon, to have it treated as a literal, but that doesn't
work in 1.3.)
I'm sorry for the problem.