Appreciate help:*editable-text-dialog-item* handles

Howdy! I've already implemented a usable version of
*editable-styled-text-dialog-item* which I've contributed to the
archive. However, I'm extending it to work with scrolling windows and
I'm re-evaluating writing it such that I can take advantage of MACL
1.3.2's handling of *editable-text-dialog-item*s.

Specifically, I plan to replace (as an 'after' method to
add-self-to-dialog) the dialog-item-handle MACL uses to manipulate the
item with a new one corresponding to a styled text edit record.
However, what's stored in the dialog-item-handle is *not* a TERec
handle (don't try to inspect it one a Mac+ as one!) but a 4 byte
handle to something.However, the window's ccl::current-text instance
variable *is* what I want.

The plea: _Please_ tell me (I'm desperate) how I can get (and replace)
the "real" TERec handle from *editable-text-dialog-item*'s
dialog-item-handle with my new one!

Thanks!

matthew

Matthew Cornell
Knowledge Communication Systems Group
University of Massachusetts/Amherst, MA 01002
cornell@cs.umass.edu
(413) 256-6664[home] (413) 545-0639, -0582[office]