Useful RfCon

The story so far: I asked how to save object pointers in
control refcons, Andrew pointed out that after a garbage collection
any such pointer would be junk.

Uh, oh.  Ok, I won't try that.

Well, the idea was to provide a scroll bar action proc with a way
of getting in touch with the object that represents it in the Lisp
world.  I just looked at some other examples of how to do this,
and to my huge surprise, I found this:

(defobfun (do-scroll *scroll-bar*) ()
 (....))

(defpascal scroll-proc ((my-control :ptr) (partCode :word))
 (do-scroll))

Why does this work?  Why doesn't scroll-proc have
to (ask <somebody> (do-scroll))?

I think it accomplishes what I want to accomplish, but I sure
blazes don't see why.

Blake Meike
blakem@world.std.com