line separation

I maintain several programs that have to run in different Lisps.
Naturally I'd like to use the same source files for all of them.  Aufs
makes this possible, but there is one flaw:  if you edit a file in MACL
and then write it back out, the lines are separated only by CR
characters, whereas most of the rest of the ASCII world expects a LF or
a CRLF.  This is a minor but constant pain.

Since MACL seems to read in standard files just fine, perhaps there
should be a switch to write out LFs instead of CRs.  A global switch
would work, but it would be better to do it on a per-volue basis.