Errors but no break are FRUSTRATING!!!

Sometimes I get error messages that *don't* initiate a break level.
This makes it *really* painful to debug, especially for complicated
programs with many functions that _could_ be causing the error. I'd
like to know what causes this behavior and how to shut it off. As you
can guess, it is causing me many hours of hacking that could have been
avoided with a simple backtrace. The only contenders I can think of
for the "why" are without-interrupts and the *inhibit-errors*
variable.

I'd appreciate words of advice on this, especially if they don't
include the phrase "it's almost impossible to fix in 1.3.2 but it
works in 2.0"!

Sincerely,

matt

Matthew Cornell
Knowledge Communication Systems Group
University of Massachusetts/Amherst, MA 01002
cornell@cs.umass.edu
(413) 256-6664[home] (413) 545-0639, -0582[office]