HELP! Error message.

This error message showed up while trying to evaluate an exist function that
basically called usual and then added a LOT of dialog items.
Obviously, I need to break this down somehow, but how?
What specifically does this mean?
  A.  Too many arguments to add-dialog-items...NO, I checked
  B.  Just plain too much code to put into a function...
  C.  Too many function calls within the exist...

How do I fix this ?

While compiling an anonymous function:
> Error: Function size exceeds compiler limitation.
> While executing: #<An Anonymous Compiled-function>
> Type Command-/ to continue, Command-. to abort.
1 >