Re: source code

How about asking Microsoft for the source code to Excel
while you are at it! <grin>

Seriously, I think that George Williams has it right: The MACL
development team is small, and the overhead of documenting and
distributing their source code would keep them from (in my opinion)
the more pressing development of MACL 2.0.

I would rather see the MACL development team's extra cycles
go towards more example programs.  Also, I would like to see
a library of contributed software like the one that greatly
increased the utility of my old Xerox Lisp Machine.

The MACL market is large enough that I am hoping to see commercial
CLOS class libraries for the MACL environment similar to what a few
companies sell for the Smalltalk system.

Mark Watson