Metaobject Protocol in MACL 2.0

Will the CLOS that's supposed to be in MACL 2.0 include any of the
Metaobject Protocol (MOP) functionality?  While I applaud Apple for
including CLOS in the new release and for changing Object Lisp objects
in its implementation to CLOS objects, Apple should realize that a
CLOS implementation without MOP functionality has limited utility.
Since the MOP has not yet been finalized, I would be satisfied if
Apple would support a subset of the MOP and document the functions
used in their implementation that support additional MOP
functionality. That way, I will be able to locally implement the MOP
to support my applications..

I am currently using MACL 1.3.2 with Portable Commonloops (PCL), and I
am making extensive use of the MOP.  If MACL 2.0 were to include a
fast CLOS with an adequate subset of the MOP included, then my code
would compile and run significantly faster.  However, without
adequate MOP functionality, I would be forced to continue using PCL.

Are there other MACL users who would like to see the MOP as part of
the next release.  If so, then let's make sure Apple knows we're out
there!

Josh