MACL and Sound Digitizer

I'm building a "Cedar Sound Digitizer" which is supposed to be fully
compatible with Farallon's "Mac Recorder" sound digitizer, and I'd like
to send it simple commands from MACL.  Basically I'd like to tell it to
start sampling, to stop sampling, and to save the captured sample to a file.
I know that there is a package called "MacRecorder Hacker's Toolkit" which
allows such commands to be sent - but I believe all the code is in C.  I
suppose I could go the foreign-function-interface route, but right now I
don't even have a C compiler!  So I'm looking for access to the digitizer from
within Lisp.  If anyone has digitizer-related MACL code, or any other hints
that might be useful, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!  -Lee (spector@cs.umd.edu)