[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Faster image processing on the Mac
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Faster image processing on the Mac
- From: philip@Pescadero.Stanford.EDU
- Date: Tue, 08 Jan 91 11:09:38 PST
- In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 08 Jan 91 13:56:42 -0500. <9101081856.AA19015@cambridge.apple.com>
> No, MACL does not use SANE. It makes the FPU calls directly. If
> there is on FPU, we catch the processor error and redirect the call to
Marvellous. On an FPU-equipped Mac, no performance loss. On a Mac without
one, presumably little or no performance loss compared using an A-trap to
got to SANE (and, in any case, it's got to be slow without an FPU).
On Mac usenet groups, I've asked why this isn't the standard approach on
the Mac. The answer has always been "SANE is more accurate sometimes."
Nice to know someone agrees with me that this is not a SANE answer...