ObjectLisp => Clos

      Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 14:31:19 cst
      From: george@huntsai.boeing.com (George Williams)

      While we're on the subject of converting from ObjectLisp to CLOS, how
      about writing some FRED code which handles [semi?]automatically the
      syntactic conversion from "(ask ...)" forms to CLOS generic function
      calls?  This could also handle much of the conversion for other
      ObjectLisp constructs such as "defobject" to "defclass" etc.

      Comments?

   We will provide FRED code for defobfun=>defmethod. There is also an
   Appendix in the 2.0 manual that describes the conversion process and
   includes an example of  the conversion. 2.0 is currently in alpha test.
   Some testers have said the conversion is no picnic but none have
   complained bitterly. Many large programs have been successfully
   converted. (Do you remember Symbolics Genera 7.0?)

    Alice