Re: Table cell dehighlight function ....

   Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 17:18:09 -0500
   From: Andrew L. M. Shalit <alms>
   To: bhuiyan@skorpio.usask.ca
   Cc: info-macl
   Subject: Table cell dehighlight function ....

      Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 14:53:45 CST
      From: bhuiyan@skorpio.usask.ca (Shawkat Bhuiyan)

      Is there any function to dehighlight a table cell, what I mean
      a complementary function of highlight-table-cell?

   Both highlighting and dehighlighting are performed by the
   highlight-table-cell function.  The third argument specifies
   whether the cell is selected or not (so it acts as an indicator
   of the 'highlight state').

   Often highlighting just involves inverting, so it's the same code
   to go one way or the other.

      -andrew

I'll have to disagree here.

HIGHLIGHT-TABLE-CELL does I/O to the window in which the table is
located, but does not affect the selection state of the cell.  The
manual says that "the highlight-table-cell function should not be
called directly".  What you want to use is CELL-SELECT or
CELL-DESELECT.

-Bill