scrap-handler

   Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 16:50:13 CST
   From: lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Richard Lynch)

   If I put some LISP objects (eg a list of structures) into the scrap (under
   their own ostype), what do I need to do with internalize-scrap and
   externalize-scrap to make this safe for other applications?
   I have just looked at this and have no idea what I am doing, so any
   pointers would be appreciated.

   "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu

   John Doner	doner@henri.ucsb.edu

You don't have to worry about this.  The predefined version(s) of
EXTERNALIZE-SCRAP won't try to externalize Lisp objects.  This clearly
wouldn't be safe, or even very meaningful.

In general, EXTERNALIZE-SCRAP can't simply blockmove a bunch of bits.
It needs to know the internal representation of the data, as well as a
representation which the Macintosh Scrap protocols will support.  It
then needs to do an explicit conversion/copy.  Nothing will happen
for types it doesn't know about.

    -andrew