FRED in MACL 2.0: The quest for the ultimate programming environment

I think you MACL guys at Apple are doing a great job, thanks.

In the past 7 years I've used several different CL
implementations/environments but MACL is still my favorite one.

If there's one thing I'm really missing in the MACL environment it's
something like a FRED split window facility (a la Word). One often
needs to poke in the same file at two places simultaneously. The
ability to open the same file twice is not very helpfull because the
two windows do not represent consistent views of the same file.
Furthermore, it's just a pain to open the same file twice and allign
the windows nicely.

I extended FRED quite a bit but I'd hesitate to approach this myself.
Is there a general interest in a feature like this? Will MACL 2.0
include a window split function?

   Alex