More info on pict-scrap pro

   Subject:      More info on pict-scrap problem
I have extra clues on the pict-scrap problem I reported the other day.  To
recap, the problem was that a graphics scrap I was creating was not getting
properly externalized.  I have now been able to reproduce the problem reliably,
but the mystery has gotten deeper.  If put-scrap is called via the copy menu
item everything works fine.  However, if the function is called directly, the
scrap doesn't get externalized.  Now here's the weird part: even though the
scrap doesn't get externalized properly (i.e. it doesn't show up under the
finder's "show clipboard" option) it DOES get properly restored on the next
internalization!  What's more, typing a command-C at a window with command-C
DISABLED will make a subsequent direct call to put-scrap work properly.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

*  Erann Gat    gat@robotics.jpl.nasa.gov           I HATE WEIRDNESS!!! *