CLOS question

Hello. Would someone please clear up a CLOS question? I need access to
slot information after defining a class, especially slot names &
types. Is this part of the metaobject protocol (which v2.0 beta won't
support)? This seems like a common need so how are people dealing with
getting this information without the m.o.p.?

On the m.o.p.: Is it standardized now? I thought the working group was
still out on some issues. Where is it described? I could only find the
first two chapters of the CLOS spec on ariza.xerox.com. I would
appreciate any help. Thanks.

matt