[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AppleShare problem solved
- To: email@example.com (Guillaume Cartier)
- Subject: AppleShare problem solved
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 91 14:53:48 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com (Macintosh Allegro Common Lisp)
- In-reply-to: <9103201908.AA12871@mipsmath>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Thank you for all your good answers about the AppleShare
> problems I was having. The answer from plKrueger in particular
> gave me the right clue to solve the riddle.
> I have found that the simplest solution to this problem
> is to set the variable *save-fred-window-positions* to nil.
> If you do that, fred doesnt seem to save any resource file,
> hence no problem.
> Guillaume Cartier
> LACIM, Universite du Quebec a Montreal.
As far as I know, MACL (Fred) saves window positions and also font
information in resources that are dropped when the files are tansfered
to other systems. That is why I also have the variable *paste-with-styles*
also set to nil.
Arie Covrigaru | University of Michigan AI Lab
Phone: (313)763-1255 | Room 149, Advanced Technology Bldg.
Internet: email@example.com | 1101 Beal Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109