MCL 2.0b1 Patches Available

The first patches to Macintosh Common Lisp 2.0b1 are now available for
downloading via anonymous ftp from cambridge.apple.com. Logon to this host as
"anonymous" (don't type the quotation marks), then type anything for a
password.

The file you need is:

	/pub/MCL2/patches/MCL2.0 p1&2.sit.hqx

You will need to:

	cd /pub/MCL2/patches
then
	get "MCL2.0 p1&2.sit.hqx"

This file is a BinHexed StuffIt 1.5.1 archive of a folder. After ftping it to
your Macintosh, use StuffIt or UnStuffIt first to decode the BinHex, then
to extract the patches folder from the archive file. Within the folder you
will find a file called "MCL 2.0b1 P1 & 2 Release Notes" which contains
instructions for applying the patches.

If this method of patch distribution is absolutely impossible for you (if
you don't have any way to get into an UnStuffIt archive file, for example)
please let me know and we'll explore other options.

Now that MCL 2.0b1 is shipping, it is particularly important that bug reports
include the version number (2.0b1, 2.0b1p2, 1.3.2, etc.) of your Lisp.

Thanks for using our Lisp. Let us know if you have any problems.

Mark Preece
mark@cambridge.apple.com