Re: initial probs with MCL 2.0b1p2

> I just got MCL 2.0b1 and I'm having a couple of problems; I'd appreciate
> any advice people can offer. I've applied the patches, so I'm running
> MCL 2.0b1p2.  I also did (reindex-interfaces) after applying the types
> patches.
>
> Disclaimer:  I haven't read the entire manual (or all of the source
> code!) yet, but I have looked for info on these issues.  Please pardon
> any glaring naivete. Since a lot of people are probably upgrading
> about now, I figured I wouldn't be reticent with my questions.
>
>  - I can't seem to get restart-case or restart-bind to work.  The condition
> system is new to me, but CLtL2 p. 877 says:
>  "As a trivial example, one could write:
> (restart-case (invoke-restart 'foo 3)
>     (foo (x) (+ x 1)))
> to add 3 to 1, returning 4."
>
> When I try this I get:
> ? (restart-case (invoke-restart 'foo 3)
>     (foo (x) (+ x 1)))
> ;Compiler warnings :
> ;   Undeclared free variable CCL::$V_ISTRUCT, in an anonymous lambda form.
> > Error: Unbound variable: CCL::$V_ISTRUCT
> > While executing: #<Anonymous Function #x42E03E>
> > Type Command-/ to continue, Command-. to abort.
> > If continued: Retry getting the value of CCL::$V_ISTRUCT.
> See the RestartsI menu item for further choices.
> 1 >
>
> Something similar happens when I try to use restart-bind.  Have I failed
> to require some library module?  Is the condition system just not complete?
> (I mean, beyond the error classification incompleteness mentioned in
> the release notes.)
> Thanks!  -Lee (spector@cs.umd.edu)

(defconstant ccl::$v_istruct 44)

Ecch.  This constant shouldn't be getting referenced in the first place;
as long as it is, it should be defined ...

(Actually, it -is- defined in "library;lispequ".  Until a fairly late
alpha release, we had been including that file in the distributed image &
hadn't noticed that some macros refer to things which are only defined there.)