[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MCL and foreign keyboards
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: MCL and foreign keyboards
- From: Ranson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 31 May 91 08:44:00 GMT
- Cc: email@example.com
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 31 May 91 03:53:31+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 31 May 91 08:44:00 GMT
I don't like the idea of using the ESC key, though it is certainly a solution.
Why don't you look at my EVENT-KEYSTROKE patch to use the Command key instead
of the Option key? According to you, it shouldn't work, but I can assure you
it DOES work.
For the handling of menu equivalents, I got the following idea from Jean-Denis
Muys-Vasovic of Apple Europe (you'll have to ask him directly for the code. He
is on AppleLink). Set *EMACS-MODE* to T. Define a Fred command ED-MENU-KEY that
handles calling _MenuKey on the *CURRENT-CHARACTER*. Then bind key combinations
such as meta-O to ed-menu-key. You still have a choice to do on a few collisions
such as meta-F and meta-B.
Hope this helps.
Daniel Ranson (firstname.lastname@example.org)