Re: MCL and foreign keyboards

I don't like the idea of using the ESC key, though it is certainly a solution.
Why don't you look at my EVENT-KEYSTROKE patch to use the Command key instead
of the Option key? According to you, it shouldn't work, but I can assure you
it DOES work.
For the handling of menu equivalents, I got the following idea from Jean-Denis
Muys-Vasovic of Apple Europe (you'll have to ask him directly for the code. He
is on AppleLink). Set *EMACS-MODE* to T. Define a Fred command ED-MENU-KEY that
handles calling _MenuKey on the *CURRENT-CHARACTER*. Then bind key combinations
such as meta-O to ed-menu-key. You still have a choice to do on a few collisions
such as meta-F and meta-B.
 Hope this helps.
     Daniel Ranson (ranson@lannion.cnet.fr)