Resources in 2.0/7.0

I did:
(_CountResources :ostype "CURS" :word)
---> 6
Opened a resource file.
---> 1882
(_CountResources :ostype "CURS" :word)
---> 7  ;expected, I have a cursor in said resource file.
(_GetResource :ostype "CURS" :word 128 :ptr)
---> <A null Mac pointer>

I have triple-checked the resource number, and it is 128.
I have tried it with some PICTs in the same file and get the same behavior.
I have tried it with system ICONs and get back a handle as expected.
The aforementioned PICTs take noticable time to complete (they are big).
I tried to pretend that the value was correct, and just needed a
_LoadResource.
  (Not too bright, I know.)

Anyone have any idea why all my calls to _GetResource are returning <A null
Mac pointer>?

I know I should convert to the new stack mechanism, but it will be a lot
easier if backward compatibility works.

Disclaimer:  I don't know this stuff well enough to claim that this is a
bug, but...

"TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu