[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Confusion about deftype and CLOS classes.
- To: Peter Szolovits <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Confusion about deftype and CLOS classes.
- From: moon (David A. Moon)
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 91 11:25:10
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 91 00:33:52 EDT
> From: Peter Szolovits <email@example.com>
> Do I need to do something ugly
> (deftype bar () (integer 0 *))
> (setf (find-class 'bar-class) (find-class 'integer))
> (defmethod zorch ((x bar-class))
> (when (typep x 'bar) ...))
The committee that defined CLOS didn't want to provide for method
selection on types more general than classes, since that would have
raised a number of awkward issues.