[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
X and Lisp on an FX
- To: info-mcl@CAMBRIDGE.APPLE.COM
- Subject: X and Lisp on an FX
- From: John.R.R.Leavitt@NL.CS.CMU.EDU
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 91 15:26:38 EDT
Question time, folks:
Has anyone out there ever used X (I understand there's a thing called Xmac or
somethig that makes your mac X-ish) and MCL 1.3.1 on an FX or any other Mac
platform? If so, can you answer some basic questions for me:
- How much memory do you really need to work well... To hold X, and CLX, and
System 7 and Lisp (not to mentiona hefty lisp application)?
- How much trouble is it to use MCL and CLX and X on a mac? Is this something
that only a true madman or macwizard would attempt, or is it reasonably
easy (i.e. none of our programmers are going to jump out the window after
- How can I find out more about XMac or whatever it is called?
Any and all help would be enormously appreciated. Thanks.
Center for Machine Translation
PS: Using X on the Mac wasn't my idea, so please don't flame me ;(