help manager

   can anyone send me either a documentation file or a LISP source code
example file describing how to use the help manager, especially with
modal dialogs?  I would like to be able to associate a balloon to each
item of a modal dialog.  I know it is pretty much straightforward, but
I have no documentation whatsoever about the help manager.  Any help
would be appreciated.

   Please send your reply directly to "benoit@cs.pitt.edu".  I might
not yet have been added to the info-MCL list by the list administrator.

                                           Benoit Desjardins