bad fonts with editable text dialog items

The following fonts have problems in 2.0b when characters are keyed into
editable text dialog items: New Century Schoolbook, Palatino, Symbol, Zapf
Chancery

These other fonts work fine: Chicago, Courier, Helvetica, New York,
Programmer, Venice, Times, Monaco.

The symptom is that the cursor leaves a ghost of itself behind when it
moves over with the insertion point.  I may be writing a report writer for
a SQL database, so I need New Century Schoolbook to work since this is the
standard font at DARPA.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Or a fix?

                 Lawrence Au
                 Computing Analysis Corporation