News versus mail

I would like to have some information about the status of the mailing
list versus the news group?

a. Will any message that is posted to the news group
   be forwarded to the mailing list?
b. Will any message that is posted to the mailing list
   (and not to the news group) ever reach the news group?

I ask this question because I want to unsubscribe the mailing
list because of a. I do read both news and mail, and I do read
every message twice. I don't want to miss any messages because
of b.

--
Marc Heijligers                    | Email: marc@es.ele.tue.nl
Eindhoven University of Technology | Room : EH 7.23