Advise quit?

Using MCL2.0b1p3: I'm not sure how this should work, but what I see doesn't
seem right. I tried to (advise quit ...), and found that the advice was
ignored when I chose Quit from the File menu. Evaluating (quit) worked OK, if
I remeber correctly. I thought that this behavior might have been because
#'quit was already bound to the menu-item-action, but if this is the reason,
then why would _any_ advice work? Clues, hints, or elucidation welcome...

BTW, I realize that there's another way to run functions at quitting time -
just thought (advise quit ...) would be more self-explanatory...

Dave