c performance analysis tools

I have been given the task of creating a performance baseline for
a local tool written in C on a Sun workstation.  Our plans are to
create a current baseline to measure performance trends on future
releases of this tool, as well as pointing out bottlenecks.

Can anyone supply pointers to tools that accomplish these tasks?  I'm
sure they're out there, and I'd love to avoid reinventing the wheel.
Language Profilers would also be helpful, so list those also, but those
aren't the focus of our investigation.

Thanks in advance for any help!

| Brad Skrbec                | "For it is the doom of men that they forget." |
| Motorola Cellular          |                             -- Merlin         |
| Arlington Heights, IL      | UUCP: uunet!motcid!skrbec                     |
|                            | Internet: motcid!skrbec@uunet.uu.net          |