Selected-cells

I have a specialization of sequence-dialog-item that seems to forget its
selected-cells when its view-container is not the front-window.
I don't think I'm doing this, and having traced cell-select and cell-deselect
and selected-cells, it would appear that a normal sequence-dialog-item calls
selected cells somewhere in its view-deactivate-event-handler (presumably to
redraw them appropriately).  Is there any chance that this is temporarily
deselecting these cells and failing to reselect them upon restoration?
(I mean on view-activate-event-handler.)